Wednesday, November 26, 2008

new best friends

it has been a week of new best friends. I made mine when I took my car to have the oil changed. I called back to see when i could come to have my serpentine belt changed...my new best friend of course remembered changing my oil and my whole life story (live in evanston, teach 10 miles away, no school the day after thanksgiving, many potential fixes with my car, but starting small, secretly rocks out to ace of base in the car) and I get to go see my new best friends again on friday. whoo hoo! who cares if I'm paying cold hard cash to get to hang out with them...

and then today we met nick's new best friends.

set the stage ... le peep, nick and I have ordered food and are well into eating it (side not le peep sucks. they messed up our coupon depsite me correcting them still overcharged me $3.oo and the food, not so good) when these two guys and a girl are seating at the table next to us. the new best friend (nbf) starts talking to the other boy about how he was up late playing fallout 1 and 2. the game I have to attempt to distract nick from for attention....fallout 3.

nbf's phone rings, and so he tells his friends to order him the belgian waffle combo, with sausage, scrambled eggs. look down at nick's plate. belgain waffle combo with sausage and scrambled eggs.

No comments: