Sunday, May 9, 2010

hair today...gone tomorrow

(or as nick would say more accurately...hair last wednesday, gone last thursday, and then again on friday)

i'd been growing my hair out since I started working at Res with the intent to cut it all off and donate it to locks for love with my school's annual Respunsel project. last thursday was the day...and the hair is now gone.

here are me and my teacher friend jess...showing off our flowing locks...ready for the chop



oh my goodness...last chance to back out


committed


look it's a ponytail from my head!




all bagged up and ready to donate...mine was one of the few blonds of the day


all the girls with their beautiful hair donations...we donated 26 ponytails or enough to make 4 wigs!


the cut after day one



stubby pigrails were the hairstyle of choice thursday night


and the final cut...after a $50 splurge cut...already though it doesnt look as good as when I walked out of the place...i have no hair fixin' skills.


however, nick and I do have matching headband STYLE.

2 comments:

Joey.and.Ashley said...

I don't know if the matching headband style is really brag-worthy...or even something you should admit in public. ;-) I mean, I can't really talk - Joey and I got home one afternoon a few weeks ago and saw we were wearing matching shirts from a play in highschool (Mame...you might remember it).

Amy said...

haha...nick and I match sometimes too...all those ND shirts we have. though his sister and I actually buy the same clothes, just so we can be cool and matching! (I get to see you soon!!!!!!!)