Saturday, December 3, 2011

december 3: the penguin cake

when I want ridiculous baking accouterments, my mom and I have a system, she gives them to me as a gift...Nick can't complain when its a gift after all.  (and of course our cover is now blow...since nick will be reading this)

a few birthday's back, I received a pull apart penguin cake pan.  12 "cupcakes" that piece together to be a penguin.  I had big plans that year to rearrange the penguin parts to be a bunny for my birthday and later a turtle for nicks. on my b-day the cake got stuck in the pan, we had pen-gunny carcass for my bday, i didnt even try with nicks.


since they i have successfully made two penguins.  the first made me infamous with my teacher friend, the second was this year.  12 pieces 12 advisees.  PERFECT. i made the penguin, filling to the top like it suggested. it turned into the stay puff cake penguin man.  but then eventually because super cute. complete with magical rainbow snowflakes.


No comments: