Tuesday, December 16, 2008

BEAUTIFUL bookshelf

Nick told me I could buy a new DVD shelf or I could only buy DVDs. well now I still cant bring myself to spend $20 to buy the movie on blu-ray when I can spend $5 to buy it on DVD. yes I am missing out on the crisp HD brilliance that comes along with blu-ray. but really if the DVD costs $5 is there much HD brilliance am I missing out on much?

needless to say if Im too cheap to buy movies on blu-ray I'm certainly too cheap to pay $159 for a DVD shelf capable of holding our expanding collection. and thus construction was underway. a trip to the local crafty bever along with our with our sketch in hand we managed to sweet talk our way into preimum pine for the price of common pine. (our little secret with the wood guy)

some sanding (ok a lot of sanding and all done by nick) some staining (again done by nick) and some drilling and hammering. and here we have it our furniture building careers have begun.

No comments: