Monday, August 10, 2009

boycott list



sometimes I send mean e-mails when I get mad. here is today's

I was just in the store to pick up two bikes a wheel that we dropped off last thursday and arrived to several not so pleasant experiences.


first, the wheel was no where to be found. the mechanic we talked to on thursday didnt fill out a separate ticket for it, and so there was no record of it in the shop. while yes we should have stood there and insisted on a receipt for all three things the fact that your mechanic questioned us not once but multiple times about whether we were telling the truth about bringing in the wheel, because he didnt remember us bringing it in. no, I've just paid you $100 for work on the other bikes and now am trying to get a free wheel out of you. I have no problems with small things like a wheel getting misplaced, but the response from the mechanic was rude an unprofessional.


second, one bike was in to have the brakes adjusted, something the mechanic last thursday assured me was not a big ordeal. when I was called and told my bike was ready this afternoon, I was informed that the mechanic got frustrated with the front brakes and so replaced them. He began by wording the conversation as a question, is it ok if we do this, and when I asked how much longer it would take to fix, told me that he'd already done it. and it would be $10 more then I had been originally quoted, and I didnt feel like I had much of a choice, since it was already done. I feel as though it is VERY unprofessional to do work without asking the client first. I had never had any trouble with the front brakes, they were a little loose, but didnt need replacing. When I arrived at the store I saw that different parts had been used then were on the bike, not a big deal, except that one is small and black and the other larger and silver. two matching parts that in no way match any more, and something that I had no say about. this whole situation leaves me feeling like I got charged $10 for a service I didnt ask for, because your mechanic couldn't put back together what he took apart, and I paid to get my bike back in worse condition then I brought it in.


I have been seething since arriving home, and thought that this needed to be addressed.



this one apparently worked....my ghetto bike will be no more...perhaps I should take a pic of gimpy bike and gimpy car together...they are matching at the time


No comments: