Sunday, November 8, 2009

"did you ever know that you're my hero"

8:51 pm: phone call from claires

c: "ams, the metra was supposed to come at 8:42. it's not here"

me: "claires, its only 8:51...nine minutes late is totally on time for the metra."

c: "is it weird that there is nobody else here waiting?"

me: "well it is 9 pm on a saturday night...why would any one be riding the metra now?"

c: "its dark. and I'm IN THE SUBURBS"

me: "ok claires call nick on his phone mine is dying and Im driving"

after discussing if claires knows how to read the metra schedule we decide to do a quick internet search for the metra schedule ourselves...thank you data plan that save me money AND saves the day.

of course there are no red lights to be found, and so frantically search the internet while driving and dodging the multitude of cops that lined oakton. finally handing the phone over to nick.

nick: "does this thing scroll sideways?"

me: "no. why?"

nick: "well there was a 7:42 metra....and the next one's not till 11:12"

c: "what? but I read the schedule"

nick: "there was one at 8:42 AM"


frantic map scrambling...megabunny taxi is on its way. to retrieve claire from the *gasp* SUBURBS!

9:45 arrive at the glenco station to pick this up.


c: "thanks guys"

me: "no prob. we'll have a metra schedule lesson and a discussion about the difference between AM and PM when we get home"

c: "guys it's confusing"

confusing? you be the judge....when would you catch the metra?


No comments: