Tuesday, June 22, 2010

blackberries!


for me the summer means fruit.

yes it also means no school, lots of bike rides, beach times, reading time, craft times, but most importantly it means fruit.

smoothies for breakfast, fresh fruit for lunch, fresh fruit for snacks, with yogurt and granola, on oatmeal in the morning, atop my salad, basically: fruit get in my BELLY!

so when the flyer for a market I'd never heard of crosses my path and they have blackberries on sail for $0.99 as opposed to the $3.49 my normal store was advertising...all I have to say is blackberries? YES PLEASE!

so I ventured to this unknown store....and bought 12. considered 20 but bought 12. 4 1/2 pounds of delicious blackberries for $11.88. I left a few out to be enjoyed in their freshness, and froze the rest to be enjoyed as the moment comes.

No comments: