Saturday, June 5, 2010

summer vacation



back in the days of student teaching one of my little darlings said to me "ms becker, you went to notre dame, you were a chemistry major, you could make good money....you want to be a teacher now why?"

I looked him straight in the face and said "christmas break and summer vacation"

all seriousness aside - yes as a teacher i get to touch children's lives (not their bodies), impart knowledge on the future generations, awaken in them a love and appreciation of science, help them to become who they are, blah blah blah - I get christmas break and summer vacation.

the kids think its news to me when there are 25 days of school left...sorry I've been counting down since there were 50.

they walk into my room to take their final exam telling me I am sooo done with school. too bad I was soo done weeks ago...remember how the last week you've had work-on-your-study-guide-time.

I am so ready to ride by bike, lay on the beach and ready my book.

No comments: