Thursday, June 10, 2010

SAILBOAT!!!!!

while the rest of chicago was watching the blackhawks finally clinch the stanley cup in game six against the flyers nick and i were admiring the city from the water aboard the tall ship Windy.

yes, I was a new found hockey fan watching my first game (game 5 of the series) and I even went to take a picture of the art institute lions in their blackhawk helmets.
but nothing could keep me away from my sailboat times.

we got there early...aka with an HOUR to spare after being nearly kicked out of dinner because we were just sitting there...so we took some pics.
lots and lots of pics
and then it was BOAT TIME!!! where I took some more pics.


and I got to RAISE A SAIL! why? because when the asked for volunteers my hand shot up and I exclaimed "ohhhh I volunteer" and then nearly got by mutt kicked by a little kid when lifting the 600 foot sail. yes it actually was 2 little kids and the help of the crew memeber...but still. and then I made nick volunteer.













and of course, I took lots of pretty black and white boat photos because those are my favorite.

1 comment:

even pretty girls need to read said...

Ooooo I LIKE. What about the sailboat times!