Thursday, August 26, 2010

1000 mile project


over the summer my bike project was to post tales of my miles. and then I accidentally reset the trip odometer on my bike. and then I forgot what the number was when I reset the trip odometer. so now I have a new project, and a new goal to motivate me wake up and not hit snooze for those extra 5 minutes of sleep. I call it: "the 1000 mile project"

my goal: to ride 1000 miles before putting my bike away for the year. a goal which actually isnt quite as impressive as it sounds. not even I with my crazy bike commute to work (where I proceed to sneak my bike up the back stairs and stash it away in my prep room because last spring the maintenance man told me I couldn't bring it into school. Take that maintenance man...you can't tell me what to do!) has it in me to bike 1000 more miles before the winter comes. I just want to bike a total of 1000 miles, a total since august 2009.

the current odometer: 684.3. that leaves me with 315.7 miles to go. or 14.35 round trips to school via my new 1 mile longer but 1 million times safer route. translation: at my current two trips a week I'll be biking till mid october.

time perhaps to find those gloves.

or ride more days each week.

1 comment:

Thanksfortellingmewhatthismeans said...

Are you considering the 50 miles we have in a few weekends and the 20 miles I am going to try to get you to do on Saturday?