Monday, November 7, 2011

New Meal Monday: Sausage and Tomato Rigatoni


October was rough.

there were no blogs.

many days there were barely meal much less new meals.

but then came November.

and here came Sausage and Tomato Rigatoni

I've been hanging onto this recipe for a long time because it has 2 of my favorites, italian sausage and sun dried tomatoes.  I havent made it because I didnt know if I could get nick on board. This week I made it.  This week nick was 100% on board.

This week's selection: Sausage and Tomato Rigatoni
This week's verdict: 100% DELISH add it to the recipe database, and is next week too soon to have it again?
This week's maybe next time:  I don't know that perfection can be improved upon.



--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--
Sausage and Tomato Rigatoni
Servings: 4 2-cup servings
4 cups rigatoni pasta uncooked
1 lb italian sausage, cut into chunks
1 red onion
1/4 cup tomato Paste
1/2 cup sun-dried tomato dressing (I used Kraft sun-dried tomato vinaigrette)
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (I used about 1 tbsp dried)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta.  Brown sausage in large nonstick skillet.  Drain grease.  Stir in onions and tomato paste, cover.  Cook 15 minor until onions are tender and sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally.  Stir in dressing, toss sausage mixture with pasta.  Sprinkle with parsley and cheese.

No comments: