Monday, February 9, 2009

it's been awhile

since its been a week?? since I last posted and I'm finally keeping my eyes open...too bad this couldn't happen when I was trying to get work done I thought that I would post. though nothing exciting has happened so its going ot be one of those life posts.

life is boring. though it is nice to walk through puddles instead of snow piles when going to and from my car and I definitely am not going to complain about 60 degree weather in February...though I am hoping for that rain that is predicted. my car is in desperate need of a good old nature's car wash.

school is school. my seniors and I are having a matching of wits...they think its ok to talk all through class and not come prepared. I actually expect them to be respectful of me and their fellow students and actually do the little work that I assign. but we're woking on coming to terms we can both agree on. aka I just want to survive the year.

though whether or not I have a job next year is up in the air. all depends on how many girls we have register. fortunatly my paperwork for my IL teaching certificate is finally all gathered and ready to submit....now to just call and find out if I can drop it in the mail or if I need to go the 2 hours out of my way to swing by the office. my saving hope for my job...there are 2 brand new sciene teachers...and one of them is a bio teacher...and we will have literally 1 bio class next year, I however teach chem and physics and we will have TONS of those classes to teach.

the yam yops are doing phenomenial on their world tour. we now have over a million fans. well over a milion fans thanks to our determination to play above our comfortable skill level on friday night.

my family has finally embraced the technology of texting. though emily is the only one who texts me so I can clearly see how I have done without it all these years. I did have to teach my phone some key phrases. piccolo, nickface and claires. since these are the individuals around whom my social life revolves and none of them have normal names.

since what is a blog post without pictures but who wants to take pictures of a boring life. I leave you with this one from chirstmas. I call it "when santas collide"

No comments: