Tuesday, February 10, 2009

some days the world just wins


this was going to be a post about how my oatmeal said I could either add hot water and stir or add water and heat in the microwave. since I wasnt going near the microwave and was going near the hot water source on the coffee pot I thought sure I'll try the hot water this time.

no. note: hot water is not a substitute for microwave time.

this should have been a sign that the world had it in for me today. and then the day unfolded.

couldnt get my speaker to work when watching a movie in class. tried plugging into projector and watched movie that way. turns out my computer was louder as I found out AFTER we were done watching.

leave at 2:40 with some errands to run. go to grocery store. ponder cereal choice. decide to go with the crispix since its on sale rather than the honey nut cheerios that i really wanted. get to check out line what is in my basket. rice krispies.

go to michaels to get dowel rods. none of the size I need. far be it for them to restock items I clear them out of the week before.

head to walmart across the street. find rods. millions of all other sizes. none of the size I need.

go to target. want to get a birthday present winter hat. not a single one in all the store. I live in freakin chicago. its february. we dont need swimsuits we need cold weather attire.

find present, need to grab some milk. what kind of milk do they not have. 1%. of course.

at least I got my parking space. maybe there is a little hope for me.

No comments: