Monday, February 2, 2009

we went old school today

my school computer is at the computer doctor. this is throwing my whole school day off. I use my computer CONSTANTLY...taking attendance, doing notes, and since my room severely lacks a working chalkboard and i can't afford my dream board, for solving practice problems thanks to the computer's tablet function.

my computer has needed to go to the computer doctor since september. it doesnt play well with others and thus wont let me print, log onto the shared network drives, or back up my stuff in the network. I finally decided i'd had enough and told the tech assistant last tuesday I was bringing it today. she told the head techie, who questioned the sainity of someone who plans to bring her computer in a week in advance.

so in my computerless state we all learned how to use chalkboards and chalk today. I had to teach school old school style. now my hands are all dry because of it. stupid chalk.

2 comments:

even pretty girls need to read said...

Ams - did you get chalk on your butt? I think that might be my #1 teacher fear. Wait, or maybe it is student revolt!

Amy said...

no no chalk on my butt. just dry chalky hands. and the fear of getting blue chalk on my clothes