Saturday, January 31, 2009

touch children's lives, not actual children

my saturday morning started way to early by my alarm going off at 7...(because I was stupid and didnt need to set it until 7:30) and then I had to drag myself out of bed to go to a workshop about preventing child sexual abuse for work. this is all fine and good, except that the whole work shop was geared towards parents and what parents can do to protect their children.

and this is a workshop that all teachers, volunteers, employees, cleregy, or any individuals in any other capacity that are in a position associated with the catholic church have to attend. this is a nobel effort and I think an important topic, I just think the angle could have been more useful.

like when I worked at girl scout camp and we went through training about signs to look for in case our campers were coming to us from unsafe home situations, what to do if we suspected something, what to do if our campers confided in us. this would be much more useful then how to monitor who my children (wait I dont have children) are hanging out with.

No comments: