Tuesday, January 13, 2009

sometimes daddies do know best

the conversation in early december after the first snowfall went something like this:

Dad: you should get a little shovel to keep in your trunk in case you ever get stuck in snow
Me: Why would i need a shovel. I don't have a sidewalk to shovel and they plow the streets.

fast forward a month and a half to mid january.

yeah they do plow the streets. they plow the streets right into your car so that in order to move your car out of the spot you had to stop and kick snow out of the way to get into you somehow have to climb over a 2 foot pile smooshed up against the side of your car.

needless to say my car lacks the helicopter functionality and so this scene unfolded on sunday afternoon. me bent over kicking snow up with my hand in a way similar to how a dog digs in the dirt. nick kicking snow onto a piece of cardboard and carrying it off to the side of the road. one of the many moments that I wish I had my camera in hand but couldn't bring myself to leave nick digging out my car while I ran upstairs to get my camera. thank goodness for the nice neighbor who sat in his car while we borrowed his shovel till my car could move.

but now I am the proud owner of my very own shovel.


not the "cute little shovel" my dad had picked out

but it does fit in my trunk and can lift more snow than my hands!

No comments: