Sunday, January 25, 2009

they sure don't make music like they used to



I was reminded again yesterday afternoon why the only radio station I listened to until I was in 6th grade was oldies 95.

my mom and I went to see Jersey Boys, a fabulous musical chronicling the history of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons the band responsible for the catchy melodies of the 1960s and 70s including Sherri, Rag Doll, Big Girls Don't Cry, Walk Like a Man, Let's Hang On, Will You Love me Tomorrow, December, 1963 ( Oh What a Night), and My Eyes Adored You.

if any one of the above songs are not recognizable to you I recommend you head straight to your local record store, buy a CD and appreciate good music.

the show was fabulous. the Acting and singing and dancing (all choreographed from TV footage of the real Four Seasons) and phenomenal. And it has an open ended engagement in Chi-town...so if anyone wants a friend to go see it with. I am there.

No comments: