Monday, January 26, 2009

they said "Bonus" on NPR



I was listening to NPR on my drive home from work today par my usual. apparently I think the hour I spend listening to the news while driving to and from work makes me a better more informed citizen. (that and the CD player in my car likes to get messed up and requires opening the trunk to fix and well basically I hate morning radio and I always forget my ipod)

my afternoon drives are normally a mix between talking with my mom and listening to NPR so I hear the headlines but miss the minute details. today however my mom was at the art institute and thus too cool to talk with me so I was fully tuned into the stories.

they were talking about enhancing traffic reports using the GPS features in peoples' phones and eventually that could branch into advertising and spam as you walked by a store and the reporter says "so imagine you're walking down the road and you pass a snow cone stand and get a data message coupon that says $2 off a snow cone. you get this message and think $2 off a snow cone. bonus."

personal language mediocrities validated.

now if only he had said "coups" instead of coupons and if they could slip "truth" in there in response to a question...