Saturday, April 4, 2009

long time, no (real) post

so the reflection on tv shows mocking my life doesnt really count as a life up date so I much needed recap of the insanely busy last two weeks follows.

2 weeks ago I spent every night working my way through a list of about 10 things that absolutely HAD to be done before i could go to sleep that night. needless to say many late nights and early mornings, and evenings filled with work work and more work. oh and another dreadful laundry experience, all in preparation for finishing up a unit, having observations for my research subjecting, and clearing a weekend to be work free for ashley and joey's visit.

laundry experience and laundry life lessons. so in an attempt to fit in a performance of Grease at my school so I could see my students on stage, and do laundry since i literally had no clean underwear left, I concocted a plan, drive home, quickly, run to laundry room, do laundry (pray for open washers) 2.5 hours later turn around and go back to school, just in time for the performance. show up in laundry room to only 2 open washers. fill with laundry, put other dirty laundry in dryers in case someone came to move their laundry so we didnt have to wait an hour to get a dryer. all was goign fine, until stupid evil person who has let her stuff sit for nearly a hour decides to show up and steal the only remaining dryers, 5 min before our last load was ready in the wash. stupid, stupid stupid.

did make it to see grease on friday that week, and it was worth the effort. a good performance from my girls, the boy's slightly lacking, (as usual) but my girls appreciated that I came. a girl in my homeroom said to me monday "you and your boyfriend are perfect for eachother, I would pick him out of a croud if I had to pick which one he was" we went on to talking about him and I said that we went skipping away from school back to my car, and she said "I know I saw you. people were like who is that, and I said that's my homeroom teacher" glad to know that people saw our skipping...sometimes I forget I'm a teacher and students watch what I do.

Ashley and Joey came into town last weekend, for a fun, short, but wonderful visit. I picked them up from the bus stop at 7 saturday morning, brought them home, made joey some coffee, then headed back downtown aboard the metra with our $5 weekend passes. we walked to the field museum along the lake front, always pretty, but a little cold this time, spent the morning and afternoon at the field museum taking in the new pirate exhibit before leaving and walking back to the loop to meet joey's friends for pizza. home again on the metra after a walk through the rain, brought joey to loyola where he was staying the night, came home played some buzz quiz tv and rock band before callign it a night.

the next morning we had a nice lazy morning, watched a movie, then headed out the the leaning tower and my school, both at ashley's request. then a quick stop at steak and shake for lunch, and back downtown to put ashley back on the bus.
see more pics from the weekend...and from life in general here

this past week has been a nice change of pace...not bringing work home, giving students scantron tests during the day and actually relaxing when I got home. somehow still exhausted, I managed to pull myself out of bed at 6 again this morning to go back to school and proctor the ACT, at least this time I got to stay the whole time and actually get paid.

this next week promises to be good...egg drop monday (hopefully there wont be snow), mega-thon tuesday, retreats wednesday, then on an airplane for a much needed week of R & R in kansas city.

No comments: