Wednesday, June 10, 2009

packing

when I travel I pack light. I can travel for multiple weeks with only a carry on. I dont like to check luggage. and really, though I may wear the same clothes in lots of my travel pics, who really cares. my suitcase is manageable.

my light packing abilities come in handy often. because packing light when you leave means much room for traveling acquisitions, especially when going home for a week. and even more especially when going home for a week during which the annual outlet mall excursion is planned.

this way light packing = more room to buy presents for oneself (and one's closest family and friends, though let's be honest mostly for oneself)

I was impressed with my packing abilities, days worth of shopping fitting in nicely with my clothing Id brought, and then I looked down. shorts. big bulky shorts. and then I went to my mom's room. there was another bag that had not even been emptied. a bag of big bulky things. so now I leave you my suitcase.


sometimes light packing just isnt good enough.

No comments: