Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I dont have pets, I have plants

on a whim I bought a pomegranate tree (and a blueberry bush but it's not being exciting yet) a dwarf pomegranate tree I'm not crazy. pomegranates are one of my favorite fruits and well since the tree cost me $5 it will practically pay for itself if it gives even 2 fruits. well in 2-3 years it will pay for itself. but it has been an enjoyable activity watching it grow from the tiny twig the company sent me and now it has flowered.

when I was little I used to tell people I didnt have pets I had siblings instead. apparently now I dont have pets I have plants instead. the aforementioned pomegranate tree and blueberry bush, 2 african violets, a gerber daisy, a jade plant, a shamrock plant, a 3 ft tropical bush of some sort, some baby christmas trees, a spider plant that has long since outgrown its pot and is still hanging in my bedroom window at my parents house and a out of control plant of some sort affectionately known as medusa



I'm not a crazy cat lady, (there is only one of those in my life on a part-time basis) I'm a crazy plant lady.

No comments: