Tuesday, June 10, 2008

nourishment

in an attempt to survive I ventured out to gather nourishment from two equally important locations....the local public library, and the grocery store.

my brain needs to be stimulated with fascinating tales of literary escapades and the lives of those more adventurous than myself who is stuck in town taking a single course this summer completing my masters program. a single course in which the first assignment was to read a chapter of a book that I have already read at least twice before in each of the preceding two required courses for my program. needless to say not a course that will feed my starving brain. (hence the immense amount of free time and the frequency of postings) the books of choice.... the next three novels in the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde, in which literary detective Thursday Next lives in a parallel world to ours where people are passionate about literature to the point of legally changing their names to those of their favorite authors and some like the lucky Thursday Next have the ability to travel within books and interact with everyone's favorite characters.

the grocery store was next...my first trip in weeks due to my apparent inability to spend any time in my apartment and frequent travels home which return with a fridge full of leftover home cooked meals. coming back to spoiled milk and the barest my shelf in the fridge has been in months however signaled the desperate need to make the journey. and so I did.

on the way home it was confirmed that the gas gods HATE me. On the list of things I do not enjoy is going to the gas station. so I try and put it off. this normally ends up with me getting screwed when the gas price jumps 20 cents the day I finally decide that my car has been on empty far too long and the incessant dinging which is supposed to be a helpful reminder to get gas has thoroughly driven me mad. today however I decided to attempt to appease the gods and decided to get gas on my way home....before my car even had one chance to ding. needless to say this decision caused the gas prices in lovely columbia to jump today.

and so my car will go on for days longer before I choose to sacrifice myself to the gas gods one more. I chose to feed myself rather than feed my car.

No comments: