Monday, June 23, 2008

memorial to a friend

my plants are my friends...they are even getting their own special car ride to chicago where I will entrust them in the care of my boyfriend for a month. this is a scary thought to me. but really how much damage can he do in one month, as long as he remembers to water them on occasion. his cat has lived for a year alone with him now. I have faith.

but as of today I will officially be one pot lighter on the move. I have officially declared my christmas trees dead. I re-potted them last week, and apparently this was too traumatic for their little tree sprouts. they will be missed. the package promised in several years I would be able to hang ornaments from them. their little lives ended before they knew what they could be. (I do have several more tree seeds in the package, but it just isn't the same, I failed my baby trees)

No comments: