Thursday, June 26, 2008

things are supposed to get easier with time

they claim that things are supposed to get easier with time. that the more we do something the easier it should be to do. this apparently doesn't work for all things. somethings, like saying goodbye i've found get harder the more often I have to do them. the more I say good bye, the more people i have to add to the list of people i hope to stay in touch with, but know the likelihood of times in the future like times in the present is slim to none.

as i am preparing for another big move i've been going through old things and finding all kinds of new things that i want to do before i leave kansas city and head northward to my new life in chicago. my possessions are being split into piles to be left at my parents house and those that will come with me, which makes this move again feel like a temporary one but a move nevertheless. and a move from the things of comfort; living with friends of the past 10 years, an hour and a half from home, having space to carry with me all the stuff I've accumulated over the years, being able to run home for a weekend of being taken care of or some TLC for my car to a world of the new and unknown.

not that I am not looking forward to the move and putting an end to another of the things that has become harder with time. every time i've had to leave chicago and say goodbye has been harder then the time before. even though they i know they are only temporary good byes. every day a little longer between visits as i count down the days till chicago life will be my life and other places my visits.

i'm at a place where i have to plunge forward, trading comforts and old friends for new adventures and new people (though never loosing touch with what's important from this life) it's time to grow up go out and conquer the world.

it's a trade i'm willing to make since what and who waits for me i wouldnt trade for the world.

No comments: