Monday, June 9, 2008

my new favorite

it's funny how things can be right in front of your face for so long but you don't discover them for many months or even years after they originally came into your life. my new favorite discovery...the dictionary/thesaurus software on my computer.


I'm a terrible speller. that has long since been known. my little sister who is six years younger then me could always spell things I never could. this always concerned my mom, but my teachers always told her "we're focusing on ideas, the spelling will come later" except that it never came. I discovered and loved the little red dots that underline my misspelled words in all programs, a feature that came with the newest computer purchase, the day that I opened the box. but it wasn't till last week while flipping through OSX for dummies wondering what there possibly could be in there that I saw the dictionary program page.

this makes my random word of the day discoveries even more accessible. and has given me a quick and easy searching method, as the list of possible words shrinks as each additional letter is typed, when my creative spellings are just too far off from the accepted methods of the rest of the world and the little red dots just can't seem to offer any suggestions.

No comments: