Saturday, October 25, 2008

ACT, I dominated you then, I hate you now

Dear Mr ACT
I kicked your butt when I was in high school. so now apparently you think it's ok to screw me over.

This morning I woke at 6 am (actually 5 since I can never sleep when I HAVE to wake up for something, and apparently it's more stress inducing for me to watch 25 people take a test then for me to teach all day) so I could administer you to 25 unwilling individuals.

I made it to school in record time since no one was out on the road at 6:30 am on a Saturday morning. including the 56 students who didn't show at our school, an unheard of number except when my being paid for my early morning and drive depended on those individuals.

Mr. ACT I fully realize that it was not your fault that these individuals did not show. it is however your fault that I got screwed. Thank you for your $25 which barely covers gas and wear on my car as I drove the 20 miles to and from school. Add to that the hour I spent in "training" and the hour I spent reading your 150 page long instructor manual.

I find it ridiculous that now you have less work and more money. those 56 students who never showed have already paid their money to you. AND you now have 56 less tests to grade. I however was counting on my $114 and sacrificed my day to you for a measly $25.

Thank you for deeming the two hours I spent before today as well as the hour in my car and the hour I spent this morning worth a whole $25.

I'll see you in the People's Court,

Amy

No comments: