Monday, October 13, 2008

welcome fall


I should have known when it took us the extra hour to get down town that this weekend would add to the list of ridiculous times that all of our adventures are.

Friday-home from work, load the car to leave...realize I've left my wallet upstairs and nick has left his sunglasses...send him up for them while I put new CDs in the car...realize one is still upstairs in my computer..oh well fate.

try to get off lake shore on Ontario as google maps instructs...we see the exit sign...then never see an exit. end up south of where we want...no biggie we'll just turn up Michigan... not. happens to be one of the streets where michigan is above. finally make it to a corner get Claires head on our way. tons o traffic later we decide to take columbus down to lake shore. and then columbus is closed. half hour later we end up back on michigan about where we started...and I am informed I have to turn left at the next light. I am in the right hand lane. traffic is stopped. we just waited three light cycles for a bus to clear the intersection I am pathetic at traffic. around the block we go so I can just turn right.

7:00 pm 3 hours later finally made it to Gary, IN. where traffic is stopped for so long my eyes are buring from the pollution before we start moving again.

Rendez-vous at Culvers 9:15 pm michigan time (thank goodness they're open till 10) eat food, ditch claires drive on to lansing. miss the turn to kerrys, fortunatly I've printed the map and not just directions, nick tells me to turn left I turn right. finally make it alive and well.
chat with Kerry and Todd, sleep, confused by why there are two sheets on our bed, up shower, food, tour of lansing, off to cider mill and corn maze.


drink a little wine, buy our tokens for the corn maze. maze...normally has an in and an out. not this one. wander around until you are tired of wandering around then make your way out. corn wandering might have been a better name. but we did take some framable pics! including one for my grandma so I can make the fridge again!


quite possibly best part of the day came next...snack bar...and apple cider sippy cups! I wanted cider doughnuts too but they ran out. sad day. bought some wine and hard cider and hit the road. two very content kids sipping away on cider on the way home


ate some dinner, forced to watch the florida LSU football game till we snuck away for bed. next day zoo adventures, and blast from the past for nick.

we thought we'd hit the zoo in the morning...too bad the animals were still sleeping as well. but again more photo opps and the sleppy animals eventually woke.


then off to nick's old house...where apparently the mortage situation has manifsted itself. forclousure notice on the window.


lunch, picture stealing (since my camera was left at home), and on the road we go. tired, full, and a little more ready for fall!

2 comments:

even pretty girls need to read said...

Ams - those pics are totally frame-able! So glad we took a road trip. Even if it was shenanigans.

xoxo,

Claires

Amy said...

I concur.