Saturday, October 18, 2008

mamma said there'd be days like this

never have I been so glad to have a day over as I did ending yesterday...

start the day...deal with kids cheating and re taking tests

turn in paperwork for incompletes for kids who never showed up to take tests

dont have a homeroom buddy for firedrills...must both lead my students out AND check to make sure there is no one left behind in my room. .... problem I think so

get pulled out of class and yelled at first for being in the wrong room, then for apparently holding up the grade process for a hour for not responding ot an e-mail and also for putting off turning in forms for incompletes since I spent thursday dealing with cheaters.

get told by one of my honors kids that she wants to drop by class because its took hard and she doesnt understand anything that I've been teaching them since I dont explain things very well

find out I have to spend my only free time during the day subbing for a teacher who is absent.

my keys arent labled and it takes me forever to find the right one to open the right door.

my room isnt cleaned becase my cleaning girl is a failure.

end up with only 2/3 of my students turnign in their homework assignments...not a good way to start quarter 2

get called to the counselors office to talk on the phone with a parent who is upset I havent had a chance to e-mail her back and who's daughter is "overwhelmed" and who has told her mom that I told her I "didnt have time to help her" with an assignment.

nothing that a bike ride downtown, honey chipolte (which I failed to order...honey bbq...not quite as good) chicken crispers and gap store field trip can't fix

No comments: