Friday, October 31, 2008

worse then when I made emily's cake cry

everyone has those relationships in their lives that just aren't good. there is nothing positive that comes of them, but yet they keep trying and hold on just a little longer. for some it is with a friend who just takes and never seems to give in return. for others its with a boy who treats you like crap, but who its easier to stick with then to move on from.

for me, it is with butter cream icing. once I made emily a lion cupcake. it was too humid, my icing didnt hold up and emily's cake was crying by the time she cut into it.
oh and it tasted like a big giant stick of butter. no more martha stewart recipes.

I managed to keep my distance for over two years, but alas butter cream icing got the better of me and I gave it another chance.

this time, not as buttery...but lacking a substantial amount of sugar....and I didnt want to run to the store to get more (this is why you should always use the recipe you check when you are making sure you have enough ingredients) and thus a runny mess. work on cupcakes, put in fridge, work for 10 min, fridge for 15.

at least they turned out cute (until they turned into a melted mess)

No comments: