Sunday, May 3, 2009

the day frugality almost got the best of me


for the past few days now, when the fridge door has been opened a strange fowl smell has escaped.

this morning when I went to make pulled pork sandwiches and took the pot roast out of the fridge that same odor came along with and the meat looked a little green. but we decided to give it a go anyway. we'd just be sure to cook it thoroughly.

as the meat sat in the pan the smell got worse. so i called my mom to ask for advice.

me: "mom is it ok to eat a pork roast that has been in the fridge for about a week and a half?"

mom: "probably not it's probably past its date and not worth the chance of getting sick even for $10"

me: "well it does say sell by April 26th, and it smells really bad"

mom: "yeah, dont eat that"

No comments: