Thursday, May 14, 2009

the world smiles upon you? it pukes upon me.

yes I know life is pretty good compared to what is should be. i am alive, have a home, car, job, family, all my limbs, my health (most of the time...unless you count the massive headaches, sore neck, upset stomach, hot flashes (yes I know im not old enough for real hot flashes), ear aches that plague me every sunday night when the stress of the upcoming weeks gets to me) etc. but disregard MASSIVE tragedy, and compare to the life that 90% of the population deals with and yes the world pukes upon me.

lets take today for example. wake up. TIRED. drag myself out of bed, attempt to leave. finally make it out the door 10 min late. half way down the stairs. and back up I go. need dinner since I dont get to go home till 9 tonight. head down again. forgot phone. back up stairs.

have to wait for both trains AND the el on my way. get to school to be greated by sub coordinator. you have to sum during 5th. great 5th. my only plan for the day. fabulous.

not so bad you say. just wait. it will turn worse. like maybe I'll forget my wallet on a day when I have to run errands but not realize it till I've had to spend 10 min finidng a parkign spot and a half hour shopping, followed my 10 min standing in line.

or maybe I'll put hundreds of dollars into fixing my car just to have something else break the next day.

or maybe I'll make sure that I have everything I need to do a lab, and find out that the batteries were dead when they were put away last year.

or maybe I'll hang all my beautiful mobiles from the ceeling just to have to take them down and get ceeling dust in my eyes at the same time

or maybe the number of days since I've done anythign from fun will continue to grow (currently its at about 24)

1 comment:

even pretty girls need to read said...

i smile upon ams. and give her hugs.